Search

Pages

16 August, 2005

Just not my day...

I'm sooOoooOOoo hungry! Missed dinner 'coz of work. Actually, I brought it upon myself. Sigh...

I am taxi uncles best friend... well, besides being best friends with all sorts of insurance people, sales person etc... yup, I am a frequent traveller of taxis. Heck, they should implement mileage points for customers like us. How come I always get booking fees of $4? Who can remember what is the best time to get a cab? When you need them, you need them!

Hmm.. had Turkish food at Sofra's yesterday for lunch. The ambience was nice, but the food.. could be better. Tried the shish kebap but it when it arrived, it looked shrunked somehow. The beef was a tad tough and dry too. But I enjoyed the eggplants, best of the lot in the salad... followed by the pretty purple petals of preserved cabbage.

Overall, I consider it okay because of the price... ranging from below $6 to around $14. Oh, had Turkish coffee too. It was served in a pretty cup and saucer. Very much like masak-masak teacup! After drinking most of the coffee, noticed the bottom of the teacup has some thick sludge. Doesn't taste like ground coffee beans. Felt it tasted kinda sandy. Didn't know whether to drink it up or leave it. Hey, maybe it was considered impolite to leave things in the teacup? Anyway, trawled the web after that and found this article. Now I feel enlightened!

0 comments: