Search

Pages

25 December, 2005

Shrimp Wantons...

Do you know that advertisement where Chew Chor Meng advocates the shrimp wantons with real shrimps inside? Well, I bought a box of that.. $3.60 from NTUC. Try mah, or else who knows whether there're real shrimps inside, correct bo?

Well, I read the instructions pretty well I think.. First, put the frozen wantons inside hot water for 15 seconds. Yeah, no need to thaw. Just like the glutinous rice ball (packet form) that I made earlier. Just dump the frozen balls inside boiling water and boil till it floats. But that got nothing to do with our shrimps of course.

Well, after that I poured away the water and put in another batch for the soup.Hmm.. the package never mention whether to use the same water or not... but anyway, that's what I did. Then boil the soup and dump in the wanton for another 2-3 minutes.

When it was done, I could actually see the shrimp inside.. Not bad, looks quite chunky. There were 12 wantons inside the package. So one is about $0.30? Is that ex? Hmm... I don't know.. usually I buy 'shui gao' for $2.50 per bowl which comes with 6 moderate sized shui gao's and some vege. The wantons here are quite small. And how about the taste? I would say pepperish! There's no other meat except the shrimp and when you bite into it, you could taste pepper and more pepper. Hmm.. overall, it tasted okay, but I've got bits of the wanton that was too thick, so that tasted floury.

Overall, okay, can buy and it's good for lazy people like me.

0 comments: