Search

Pages

18 July, 2008

internship

Will be doing internship/attachment this term. Need to start looking for the agency to attach to. However, all quarters have warned that this is going to be an ardous task! Which I think is true.

If I'm the agency head, I'd be thinking, why in the world would I want to hire a trainee who has minimal/or even no exposure to the field and will be dealing with clients, in a closed door setting. And not to mention, need to assign someone to handhold/mentor this trainee. So ma fan right? Haha!

If that's the case, then there's really no hope! How to complete my 100 hours (minimum) requirement of face-to-face contact hours? Also, if I'm having my day job, what kind of hours can I spare for my future agency? Like after office hours? Got such organization or not? Or on weekend? I've asked my peers, they say usually only on 2 weekdays then the organization might be opening up till quite late, say 9pm. If that's the case, then in 1 week, at max. I can only fulfill up to 2 contact hours per week. Ha... that'll only adds up to 8 hours per week (provided your clients all turn up la...). So I'll need 13 weeks to do that, hmm... still possible hor? Haha, but having said that, competition is high. In Singapore, there's a limited number of organization that you can apply to. And not to mention, there're about 5-8 courses that produces the same needs (for attachment) at about the same time. 1 cohort let's say average is about 40 students. So 8 cohorts will be 320 students fighting for 1 or 2 places in the same organization!

0 comments: