Search

Pages

29 July, 2006

Bugis Village

Heh, I think I shall write Bugis for today. So after having that dinner, most of us left for home while others continue to hang around, or walk walk to work off those kilos.

As Connie wanted to get earrings, so off we went to Bugis Village to get 'em. There's this shop called silver.com (that's what Adeline said, as I never bothered to look) and the guy manning the shop is super friendly. Not to mention he has good memory. He could recall that I went to his shop before with Connie. Haha, that was quite some time ago.. think about a month or two ago. Hmm.. probably it was Connie.. that's why he remembered.. keke, think he was quite smitten by her!

Anyway, his goods are quite ok, and the plus point is that he can recommend you stuffs that you'd want to buy. Not those that anyhow recommend just to make a sale. But I think most of his customers are those Taiwan Idol drama watcher teenage kind... but the previous time that we were there, he was having a difficult time with a middle age lady shopper who was pestering him on whether the necklace looked nice on her. Think she was there for about 20 minutes and if I recall.. I think she didn't buy it in the end *LOL*

I don't buy these kind of accessories but I think silver.com prices are not too bad. Should be quite affordable as on average, you can get at least two items for under ten bucks. But of course he'll tell you that for better quality items, the prices are naturally higher lor.

2 comments:

amy

Hi. I was searching info abt this silver.com too and thus came across ur blog. I bought an earring from that guy too but has some quality issue. Do u know if he is still working there or any contact no. Without going down to the shop? Thzx

purple taste

Hi Amy, sorry to say that I don't have the information that you need. My visit to the shop was to accompany friends who wanted to purchase accessories, and that was a long time ago. Perhaps your visit was a more recent one?