Search

Pages

29 July, 2006

Steamboat

Yesterday went to eat steam boat with my colleagues at this place in Bugis (actually I think Bugis should be famous for having the most steamboat shops all lined up side by side, across each other, scattered everywhere... you name it, Bugis got it!). Anyway, this place is called 一品锅.

Actually I don't get it, really. The food sucks, the service sucks.. yet the place was PACKED to the brim! Can't believe it man! Imagine it was so squeezy that you can't move your chair as the other party's chair is back to back against yours! Come on.. even the blind could see that it was very OBVIOUS that all the shop cared for, was making money. If I were to open a restaurant like this and intend to squeeze so many bodies into one shop.. then the very least I could do is, to offer to serve you the food to your table. That is what I'll call service!

So that's it.. never again will I patronize this lousy shop. Heck, the food wasn't even tasty... I'd rate the soup taste a meagre C. Compared to this shop, I think 小样儿 (mongolian steamboat) wins hands down anytime. Soup tasty and nutritious, meat flavorful and staff members polite and courteous and... they bring the food to your table! And lastly, at least I can feel some airconditioning there.

0 comments: