Search

Pages

29 October, 2005

Here we go

I'm never one for entertaining. I mean, usually I don't like to invite guests to my house. Too much trouble, too much hasle.

So, you can imagine my reluctance when Gina and Flo announced that they were dropping by for lunch. I guess they too can sense it. It's not like I don't welcome the intrusion.. haha, what a choice of word. Yup, I'm a very very private person. Though you may not know it, seeing that I'm quite outgoing most of the times.

So off to the NTUC I went in search of what we would be eating later. They wanted spaghetti while I'd most happy to do instant noodles. Of course my guests offered to cook as well but how can I allow my guests to cook? No way man...

So here's the menu for today's party of 3. My housemate opted out coz I think he's shy (or maybe he has no confidence in my cooking!) Main course, spaghetti (due to demand) but it will be chinese style. What is spaghetti chinese style? Well, with oyster sauce. Minimum fuss and hey, the sauce is already in the fridge! Okay, not just oyster sauce (too cheapskate). It'll be oyster sauce chicken wings cooked with shiitake mushrooms. I've already marinated the wings and now it's thawing.. so can start cooking the sauce at 10.30am. Next, simple fried eggs. For vege, fried cucumber with chili padi (prob some bits of chicken meat). Of course the only hot stuffs is just the spaghetti sauce. The rest are all going to be cold/lukewarm 'coz got no microwave oven. And for desserts, red crystal jambu with plum powder. Will cook the spaghetti once the guest has arrived so lunch can be served in 10 mins time after arrival.

The previous time I did this sauce, it turned out too watery and not so salty. Haha, this time round, I'm armed with corn flour, so can make the gravy thicker... so should be better, I think...

By 11.30am, I'll take a bath and meet them at the MRT around 12pm.

0 comments: