Search

Pages

21 May, 2006

da vinci code

Went to watch Da Vinci Code the movie today. My housemate was so excited that he wanted to go and purchase the tickets a day before. I was like... if have tickets then watch,else don't watch lor. So ended up we went to get tickets 45 minutes before screen time. Yeah, the cinema was real empty. Guess not much hype in Choa Chu Kang.

I didn't read the book before, so no expectation but I did read "Angels and Demons" courtesy of the hospital stay prior to this, so I had plenty of time plus a friend lend me her book. Therefore, I am familiar with Robert Langdon and the hoo ha stuffs. And the newspaper articles carried much information on this Da Vinci code, so I guess when the movie unfolded, it was on familiar grounds. The pacing was alright, Tom Hanks looked old, and I like Jean Reno and Audrey Tautou.

But after the show, it did pique the interest in stuffs like the Priory of Scion, Templar Knights, Gospel of Mary Magdalene, anagrams and cryptex.

Interesting when the anagram to your name could be something like "ANGEL LIE I" or "GENIAL LIE" or "AGILE LINE". However, there is one phrase from the film which I liked alot, "You see what you want to believe in" and "You believe what you want to see".

1 comments:

Bry...

"You see what you want to believe in" and "You believe what you want to see".

Unfortunately that's what the world has done... which is why the world is messed up. If we could only see that the actual Word of God is real and true... and not some Dan Brown of the world... then we would be MUCH better off in this great big stupid world.