Search

Pages

07 August, 2006

cecilia.. will you ever get to cut my hair again?

hmmm... the plan was to cut hair at the hands of the professional. And I did.. once. It was just that one time that I went to Kimage to cut hair... and I didn't go alone. It was together with Flo. So our stylist was Cecilia. She has cut hair before for Joi Chua, you know the singer. Hehe, so that makes her a celebrity hair stylist! Yea man!

Cutting hair for me.. is like a gamble. Either it turns out nice ... or bad. But from past experience, most of the time, it turned out rather disappointing. When I was younger, when the salon people ask, "So what kind of hair style you want?" I'd go, "随便" which means, anything... So, yup.. they did what they liked to my hair and at the end of the day.. I didn't like it. Only once did I rather liked my hairstyle. That was during University days. Pre-uni days.. my mom cut my hair for me. So you see.. I've got no experience going to the saloon, at all. Anyways, my other more memorable trip down to a salon, was going to be a 'model'. That's what they call the guinea pig for the salon's students. I forgot what was the shop name... it was located somewhere in the outskirts of Chinatown. How did I end up being the guinea pig? Well, my ex-colleague's sister. And... the hair cut was free! So, since I don't have any preferred style for my mop of hair, I didn't mind being the 'model'. But that haircut took about 2 hours to complete. And I got to wash hair... like twice! Wahhhahaha... value for money.. eh.. no need money! Whahahaa! One thing I learnt then, was that the more senior you are in the hair cutting hierrachy, the lesser time you need on your client's head. Cool eh?

So anyways, back to Cecelia. Was suppose to go back to her for subsequent hair cuts but Plaza Singapura.. too far away from me. I even went to get the Kimage Style card.. in case I need to use it, then can get some discount. But everytime when it is THE time to cut, I'd always go to the neighbourhood shop to cut. Lately, most of the time is just to trim. So yesterday I went again, and this time the stylist complained that I always have the same hairstyle (quite true.. 20 years never change). Then he said, "Can you please put something on your hair? If not the people will think that you never comb hair.. but if you put some wax and anyhow style till messy, no one will say you never comb." Heh.. aint he a clairvoyant? He knows I never comb hair! Hahahaha

So I did get my hair cut, and it's now short. He said next time he's gonna cut it shorter for me.. now he's letting me adjust to this look. But as Gina always said... no matter what hair I cut.. at the end of the day, if I don't style it.. it'll end up looking the same. Quite true!

2 comments:

BnB

DID I??? DID I MENTIONED THAT??? hmmm... i can't remember... anywayz... COMB UR HAIR!!! What's your stylists' name? Sounds like what my previous stylist used to tell me leh...

purple taste

got.. i remembered the things tht you said! erm... i don't know his name.. coz i never ask.. and this is only the second time he cut my hair.