Search

Pages

25 March, 2007

mystery no more

Oki, as promised.. here's the follow-up to the case of DDDP Monthly deduction.

Well, just the other day, I've received a letter from UOB stating that they've refunded the disputed amount.... a day before that, Club Rainbow actually called me up to check on the status. Which really reflects well on Club Rainbow and so I'd think I'd support them again!

The twist came a day after the letter, when a lady from Singapore Cancer Society called me up stating that the DDDP Monthly deduction was actually for them. I was like, huh? Then why deduct twice? She went on to say that because Singapore Cancer Society actually contracted an external company to do the transactions and thus the name that appears at the charge slip will be shown as DDDP Monthly. Also, the double deduction was because of my credit card bill that fell somewhere in between. Hmm.. not that I really understand what she's saying. She also admitted that since they got this company to do the transaction, there had been complaints and thus, in the next deduction, the bill will reflect Singapore Cancer Society so that the donors are aware of whom they're donating to. But to me, her explanation seems to be hurried and shoddy.. no apologies no nothing... just wanted me to call up the bank so that they can deduct that amount! Which is a pity... as cancer is one of the major cause that I truly want to support...

0 comments: