Search

Pages

28 August, 2007

service

The other day I bought a pair of sunglasses ( because I heow mah... can?) and after that it was chucked into some drawer to never see the daylight again. Yes la.. another white elephant. But probably will have some use when I travel home (yeah.. like twice a year maybe...) Anyway, last week I decided to take it out for some airing and suddenly noticed that there was this line on the lens. Looked like glue stuck on it.. so tried to rub it off but couldn't. So decided to bring it back to the shop. But not sure whether they will entertain me or not 'coz the glasses weren't that expensive (after discount less than a hundred) and moreover, I'm not even one of their regulars and the glasses were bought for more than a week.

At the same time I thought that I should bring the VCD that was bought in early August back to TS because when I tried to play it recently, a lot of discs couldn't be read by my computer DVD rom. The other I only watched disc 1 and it was alright and subsequently didn't get to watch it till recently. So, ok.. I'll do those two together.

So I went to the optical shop first. After some spying and confirming that the sales guy who attended to me previously was in the shop, I went in hesitantly. Another sales lady attended to my enquiries this time as the guy was busy with another customer.

me: Ahhh... the other time I bought this from here. Found some lines on the lens.
lady: Ok, let me take a look at it... (after inspection) Are you sure you didn't drop it? This looks like quite a deep scratch.
me: Nope, didn't drop it
lady: Let me try to clean this first while I search for your record in our files
guy: Hey, its you again! Did you wear your sunglasses?
me: Nope.. it went into the drawer straight
guy: Haha! Really?!
me: Yeah, now realized got scratches on it
guy: Let me exchange another one for you
me: Your colleague is attending to me now ^_^

So after all that, they couldn't exchange any new ones for me 'coz the one that they had in stock also had similar scratches. So yesterday he called me up to say that the glasses were back in stock and I could go collect.

As for the VCD, I went back to the shop and told them the problem. The lady asked for the receipt and when did I buy it. Sheepishly I said, "Quite long... like early this month..." She sort of like looked annoyed but amused but still annoyed. Then she was about to exchange with another box of VCD when I asked if I could exchange it with DVD version instead and pay the price difference. Now she looked less amused and more annoyed. Nevertheless, she was ok with it and thus, I paid an extra $7+ to get the DVD version. Heh heh..

So all in all, I am now a happy customer. Ask and you shall receive...

ps: thanks to the ppl in Optical 88 (CCK) and TS (Woodlands)

0 comments: