Search

Pages

05 August, 2007

kdramas that i've liked...

Nowadays the expectation of drama's have gone up a few notches, preferably with new storylines and not those that have been done to death (read: winter sonata etc). But anyway, let me just intro a few that I've found to be interesting enough.

Way back in 2002, "Loving You" was launched. But I think the series came to our shore quite late, can't remember but it was on TV. Anyway, that's how came to know about Eugene (formerly from S.E.S - a girl band from Korea).



"Loving You"

And of course, it was from this series that Eugene and Park Yong Ha were rumoured to be pak-tor'ing. Haha, who knows. Anyway, its a nice drama with quite typical storyline but thank goodness no one suffered from any terminal disease in here. Only evil plots by the supposedly 'best-friend' of the lead actress. But of course in kdrama land, the lead actresses are usually innocent and chooses to believe their good 'friend' when everyone else can see that the 'friend' is plain evil. Anyway, if you like love story kind in quite the kdrama fashion, then you'll like this series.


Next, is something that I've never see before in kdrama. Martial arts (武侠) kind. "Cha Mu" title sounds misleading. Who wanna watch a girl who brews tea? Hahaha, actually I don't know what the title means but the storyline was interesting enough to watch. A slave girl (I think in the drama, women born in those era are considered low-class or unimportant as compared to the men) who rises to become a police-woman of that time. Expect lots of action in this one but the ending all sad one.


"Cha Mu"



Coming back to the modern world, here's another drama that I liked. I like the girl (Im Su Jung) who acted in this one 'coz she's fresh faced never see before and can act quite well. But this one I don't like the ending. Check out the soundtrack, it's quite haunting.


"Sorry, I love you"


Next, probably I'll intro those that I've watched in more recent times!

0 comments: