Search

Pages

08 December, 2007

adventures on a saturday

I got some cold calls recently and was given the offer to enjoy a free facial (full treatment, no less!) with no strings attached. So being the obedient girl that I am, I said, "ok lor.."

So there I was... standing at Telok Ayer Street. Go into the shop must take off shoes one. So ma fan.. I was thinking, "Is my reebok safe outside?" Anyway, so there I was.. inside there and they asked me to sit and wait. I was late for 15 minutes, so they said no room available for now. Wait and wait... till about 10 minutes later. Meanwhile, the beauticians were all cramped inside one room having their lunch. The place really feels like a neighbourhood beauty shop upgraded a bit.
Anyway, the treatment not bad la.. although they promised no selling while doing the treatment, the beautician did broach the subject by saying if I wanted better effects, should top up $88 for some additional stuffs. So I said, "no thank you... just the free stuffs will do."

But after everything's completed, its time to meet the sales person. Naturally, like a gym, their offer is usually quite attractive. And for a one time offer to new customers only. But as I've another package already signed up, I stuck to my guns and declined. The sales lady also give up. Haha!

So after that, I walked to Pickering Street. And that's when I nearly died. Had to cross a traffic light and it was 'green man', can walk status so I crossed and was about halfway thru when I heard a car honk, so I stop. Lucky I did, because a car just sped past me. Wow.. if I had taken another step.. well, that's all folks. Thanks and see ya in another lifetime I guess.

So after a harrowing escape, I went in search of food. It was about 2pm plus and haven't have lunch yet. Wanted to find Satowa, which is supposed to be at China Square. Found it after some time but it was closed. So wandered somemore and saw Hock Lam beef noodles. Famous one but didn't try it. Went into Kyo Nichi ramen instead. Very similar to Ajisen and this place is really empty when I visited.



ramen + tori karaage + hot drink = $13+


ramen closeup


tori karaage closeup

0 comments: