Search

Pages

31 October, 2010

scary people

Went to quite a lot places yesterday. Went to pick up my new spectacles and tried the transition lenses. Hmmm.. seldom use my specs outside of office, so need some getting used to. But the sun wasn't very bright yesterday....well, it was but it then it turned cloudy soon after I reached Orchard.

Anyway, there were two cosplayers on my bus (190 from CCK to Orchard). The girl was wearing a dress and stockings, plus headgear. Must be perspiring like mad inside, since the bus was stuffy and crowded.

Alighted nearby Heeren and soon after was accosted by two ladies. They said they just opened a breakfast joint and wanted to do a 5 minute survey. At first, I thought they were going to ask me to go to church or something. So, they asked if I could go with them to their cafe to do the survey. Ok, thinking back, it did sound like a weird request, but at that moment, I innocently agreed. So we walked. They led me to Midpoint Orchard, and into a shop called "Dreamz House". From the outside, you can't really see what's inside, 'coz there were paper pasted to cover the glass panels. Inside, there was a bar counter and behind it, I saw a row of blenders. It certainly does not look nor feel like a cafe nor restaurant. More like a place that people come to listen to some hard sell sales pitch that kind.

The ladies claimed that it is a 'new concept healthy breakfast' that started in Korea and Taiwan. Then they asked for my height and weight. They even had a weighing scale. Ok. By now, it was very obvious to anyone that something fishy is going on!

Looking around, it was obvious that they were selling some herbal supplement products. Those that people drink to lose weight, to detox and whatever. Obviously, they are going around asking unsuspecting people to come and see their 'breakfast shop' in order to get them to sign up for membership and buy their products whatsoever. Wasted no time and got my butt out of there as fast as I can. These people are even scarier than the ghouls prowling the streets on Halloween.

0 comments: