Search

Pages

27 September, 2006

buy buy buy

Yesterday I wandered inside Cold Storage Causeway Point. I've always liked the variety of produce that they have over in Cold Storage (but not the prices, of course). It was amazing. Fresh green vegetables, some with names I've never heard before. Wide array of meats and seafood. Local, Japanese, Australian stuffs.. alot!

Anyways, I looking at stuffs when suddenly an auntie called out to me and asked whether I wanted to try any chocolates. Ok, no problem with that, so I went over to her chocolate counter. You can imagine Godiva, Chocz, etc but then this is like neighbourhood style but with upmarket prices! So anyway, she let me try some and so I thought ok, I'd buy some from her. So she weighted some and out came the price.. $13.80! Then she said, why not buy up to 200 gms (its $1 per 10 gms).. I was like, $20 for chocolates? NO! Haha, anyway, I still bought $10 worth from her.

So continued walking... and looking at stuffs.. when suddenly another sales lady called me over to ask whether I wanted to try some honey drink. I was kinda thirsty after tasting those chocolates, so ok, why not. So she started offering samples of all the different flavours she had. Before I knew it, once again.. I agreed to buy 2 bottles from her. Come to think of it, their strategy not bad.. get the customers to taste chocolates and then get thirsty and then offer them drinks.. *LOL* Anyway, the deciding factor on the honey drinks, was it was something nutritional and the price was right. Originally sold at $18 per bottle, now 2 bottles is $20. So that was the deciding factor. The chocolate one.. what can I say? Stupid lor...

2 comments:

BnB

haha~ next time if I should change my career and be a sales person, i find you ok? :P

purple taste

-_-'''