Search

Pages

26 May, 2007

pasar malam

Pasar malams in S'pore runs for very long. It's almost like a funfair... only most of the times, without the fun? hahaha! I think usually, it runs for 2-3 weeks for a stretch! The biggest I've ever seen is in Woodlands ('coz land is abundance over there, I suppose) where they built this huge contraption that shoots ppl to the sky! Ahh, perhaps exaggerated abit but yeah, got such thing you know, honestly!

Anyway, there's one over at my place now. I've bought the yummiest nasi lemak ($1.50 only) from a malay stall and couple with a deep fried drumstick ($1.50... yalar.. expensive.. but cheaper than KFC!), and you'll have a satisfying meal for $3 in total. There's also this stall selling the fried chicken chop Taiwan style, but I've yet to try it. Tried the okonomiyaki (squares of flour with crabstick and cabbage) from another malay stall, but it was like.. yucks... $2.50 somemore.. I want my money back! Also, there's this uncle that sells small little cute young coconuts for $1. Very sweet! (the coconut... not the uncle -_-''')

The keropok lekor here also very expensive... 4 pieces for $1. I think Malaysia cheaper. The pasar malams here and M'sia are different. There's a pasar malam at my hometown (opposite my house) every Tuesday. But to tell the truth, I think I've only been there like once. Dun fancy crossing the road in the middle of the night... very dangerous coz my house is facing the main road and lots of accidents happened at that junction before.

I've been to the pasar malam at Seri Petaling (courtesy of the KL office trip previously). Very fascinating.... I even saw one van selling smelly tofu caught fire. Very drama... Also, you can find beggars (not those healthy kind that just sits there... these are really no hand no leg kind that sprawled on the road... ) Also lots of happening food can be found at the pasar malam. Char kway teow, zhu chang fen (M'sian style with yong tau fu sides), fried carrot cake, chong you bing (onion pancakes), laksa etc. Also got stalls selling fish (although I suspect not that fresh), vegetables, dried goods, fruits, cakes and breads.


ps: today saw the coconut uncle raised the price to $1.20... walao, just because demand is higher, then can suka suka raise the price? (ed: of course can la..) boycott boycott!

0 comments: