Search

Pages

19 May, 2007

botak jones

Went for dinner at Botak Jones (Clementi branch), 'coz my brother's treating. So we reached around 6.50pm, and it was already long queue ('coz its a hawker centre, so you have to queue to order first). Think my brother was at position #12 or so. Managed to place order at around 7.18pm ('coz the time was indicated in the receipt.. else you think I so accurate meh...)

The eta for the food is around 30-45 minutes later, so to pass time, I counted the people still inside the queue.. it was constantly at around 16 people or so. Meaning when one person finish ordering, another one joined the queue.. so that's why constant. My NZ ribeye steak ($14) came first (after 30 minutes wait...) I wanted it done medium but came to be a tad too dry (not so much pink as they claimed), more to medium well. And although the online menu stated that the steak comes with black pepper sauce, I was given their special brown sauce instead. Which tasted like cheesy mushroom sauce with black pepper. So after I ate for 15 minutes, my brother's Cajun chicken ($7) came. He commented that it tasted much drier than he expected. So, all in all, the food was a little disappointing after all the hype. However, if you minus the big serving of fries that came with the mains, the meal should be quite healthy as the meat used are quite lean.




cajun chicken



ribeye steak



One of the staff actually goes around the coffee shop to enquire whether you like the food, to check whether everything has arrived etc. It was observed that they're rather proud and confident of their food.

Almost 85% of the customers in the coffee shop ordered from Botak Jones, so I guess publicity, affordable price and generous portion does help. Taste wise.. acceptable but nothing to shout about. Maybe the rosemary lamb and fish & chips will taste better?

1 comments:

BnB

I tried the branch at AMK... we queued for 30 min, then waited for another 30-45 min for food... >.<""" lucky we brought fruits to hang on too...

Anyway... I tried the Rosemary Lamb, not too disappointing, was quite nice actually~ sauce complements the Lamb, but too cheesy that you get sick of it at the end of the meal~ go try go try! =) Their fish & chips does look tempting...

Overall, I think the food is so-so nia... also dunno what's with all the hype... Opp Charles' house for Botak Jones too... next time come try leh... LOL