Search

Pages

05 April, 2008

man & woman

Word has it that "A man will pay $2 for a $1 item that he needs, while a woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but is on sale..."

How apt! How true!

I was at Causeway Point today and was just about to walk to MOS burger to have my lunch when suddenly a sales girl placed a small bottle of hand cream onto my palm and said, "Here.. give you a sample!" I was like, ok. Free sample, why not. Then she said, "Come come, let my colleague show you a demo of our other product." I was like, ok.. why not.

So off I went into the small small confine of a demo 'corner'. Then out came a bottle of sea salt. Not any sea salt mind you. It's all the way from the 'Dead Sea'. Ok, few thousand miles away, I suppose?

Anyway, the girl rubbed a small lump onto the back of my hand and she described the benefit of the minerals etc and how it'll actually cleanse not only the 1st layer of the epidermis but also the second and third. I was just about to ask her how many layers of skin do we actually have... but the demo ended. She was at the part of how the product will also circulate the blood, as well as moisturise the skin. Massaging any parts of the body irregardless of whether we're using any other product should in fact, in some ways promote blood circulation, right?

Anyway, of course, she asked if I'd like to get one bottle of the salt. "How much?" "Well", she said. "We're currently having a promotion and its on 50% off the normal price." I was thinking, "50% from $200, will still need to pay $100 bah..." Then she said, "Usual price is $78+, so now is $36+ only." I'm sold. So ok. I got one bottle.

Then she said, "Wait, let me show you another product. A face scrub that works wonderfully around the eyes area as well!" Oki doki, you get the gist. So in the end, I ended with one bottle of dead sea salt and one bottle of face scrub. Total damage, about $70 in total.

So in the end, I got these:

(sea salt)
and

(Exfoliating & Cleansing Facial Gel)

Haha, 女人钱真好赚, 尤其是我的!天啊!Anyway, ok lar. First time I bought a product from Israel. Sounds exotic. Sounds far far away.

And I suspect it won't be the last time that I'm doing stuffs like this. Mark my words. Sigh...

1 comments:

BnB

ur money v easy to cheat~ haha~ next time if i sell any products... sure look for u!