Search

Pages

09 April, 2008

uni

Met up with Wendy yesterday. Our annual exodus. Haha! We'll meet up with each other during our birthdays. So that'll translate to something like... twice a year! She's one cool gal that one.

She was from the same hall as me when we were in university. Without her, I think I'd died of boredom during my final months in university! We'd sit glued to the TV when its time to play the Pyramid game (or was it the Wheel of Fortune?). Heh, fun fun fun!

So yesterday we went to Central to makan. Initially wanted to try Happy Pot at Esplanade, but we didn't want to risk it since it was raining. So a change of venue.

Anyways, we settled into Tomton. Ordered 1 cabbage soup with kurobuta slices (like a mini steamboat with only 1 ingredient!), 1 set of kurobuta cutlet with miso sauce and 1 bowl of ikura + uni rice. Muahahaha, I've always always wanted to try uni (sea urchin) but never really gotten to it. So yesterday was an opportunity! It was really just a tiny eeny bowl. Here's how it looked like:


uni + ikura rice bowl

And yup, its really an acquired taste. Wendy was like, "Are you sure you wanna eat that? Really really sure? Probably it'll taste better with some wasabi!" Hahaha, for a moment, I thought I'd freak out!

Anyways, it wasn't that bad. Tasted like pig's brain, only much mushier but it really really have a bad smell! The rest of the meal was alright. The soup was nice. But I think, likely won't be going back there again.

It was good to catch up with old friends... Thanks Wendy and Happy Belated Birthday!

0 comments: