Search

Pages

31 August, 2008

Fast food? Not quite

Was at Tiong Bahru Plaza on Friday. Had to wait for a friend but he won't be turning up till 830pm. And I was there already at 7pm, so went walk walk, look look see see. Combed the place from top till bottom. And still with time to spare. So I went to have my dinner at Mos Burger.

No queue at the counter? Good (or so I thought la...). So I ordered the chicken teriyaki meal. They had the advertisement stating that their chicken teriyaki is now bigger and better. Think its supposedly 30% more. Ok, good lor (or so I thought la...)

As usual, you'll be served with the drinks first while they prepare the rest of the stuffs. So went to sit at some god forbidden corner. Its like a counter sit, only difference is that there's no counter to face. Just a screened wall. Imagine having to face the wall to reflect... *pengz*

Anyway, with nothing to do... I began observing the state of this outlet. Customers were actually hovering near the counters because everyone had ordered and now are just waiting for the orders to arrive. Apparently some never did, so one irate woman went to demand her items. Manager digged through the papers and somehow can't find the orders. After about 7 minutes or so, the lady eventually got her items and a quick apology from the manager. But I think she wasn't appeased la as she made a sarcastic remark before she left.

The manager tried to work in high speed mode, but still .. customers who were waiting for their orders began to increase by the minute. Then the manager still need to cope with handling enquiries from a girl who was keen to join as part time staff, still need to dash out to serve the orders, and clear tables etc... From observation, he didn't use any glove when preparing the orders. Oh, he also need to handle a man who tries to sell tissue-paper for $2 inside Mos Burger! I saw him tap on the man's shoulder and later didn't wash the hand and started to prepare the orders again. Eeks...

Oh, story haven't finish yet. So I got my orders after I've finished half the drink. And yes, the teriyaki chicken seemed bigger. But on closer look, it's actually filled with more veggies (which is good...) but also with more chicken skin (not so good...). So there you have it.. bigger does not always mean.. better.

0 comments: