Search

Pages

15 November, 2009

marina barrage

Nowadays people like to fly kite. Literally speaking of course. Figuratively also I suppose.. haha

Went to Marina Barrage to look look see see. Well, it was built using a couple of millions of dollars, so as a tax payer, it's my duty to go and check out this attraction heh heh...

To get there, well, go to Marina Bay, exit from the MRT and turn left and walk quite a distance to the temporary bus stop. Along the way, take care to avoid cars, factory buses, bicycles and alot of construction workers. Wait patiently for bus number 400 or the free shuttle bus. If you're unlucky like me, then the wait is about 20 minutes or so...

The bus will stop outside Marina Barrage, so you gotta walk in.


inside Marina Barrage (ground level)


marina bridge to?


a couple of kites spotted!


dam





bridge view


Take the lift to level 3. Heh, I met 蔡丽莲, you know the one who sang 关怀方式? Hehe, yups! She's as friendly as when I first saw her in real life in NTU, ard 1996 I think. Muahahaha, gadzillian years ago! She was there with her hubby, and her pet dog. They have a gathering with friends. At first she thought I could be an acquaintance of her friend. Heh Heh.. anyway, me not a stalker so after we reached 3rd floor, we bade each other a good day. And I went to find my friend's friends...


friend's friend happily flying kite



other people, the other view


other people, with Singapore Flyer for backdrop



kite trying to take off


took off


video, so that you can feel the atmosphere



kites dotting the skyline


eagle spotted (real bird)


eagle shaped kite (fake bird)


everyone playing happily



sky turning dark...



time to go home....

0 comments: