Search

Pages

03 March, 2010

wasp

Heard this noise in the wee hours of the morning, that sounded pretty much like something scraping on the window screen... "Ah.. must be a bug outside the window wanting to get in... " I thought. So ignored the noise and went back to sleep.

Woke up and did my routine stuffs, and saw that the sun was just about to rise. So decided to take a picture of sunrise.


sunrise


That's when I saw it. Big head, big butt and with wings!




Didn't look like it has any stinger on it, but decided to play safe. Gingerly opened the window.. but it didn't know how to fly out. SO took one clothes hanger, and prodded it abit. It decided to climb onto the hanger, so I directed it to freedom (open window) and off it went! Whee~


I think it's species should be this one?

pic from PaDIL


pic from PaDIL

Not quite same same, but close? PaDIL is Pest and Diseases Image Library. See here

It says native to Australia. Singapore wasp anyone?

0 comments: