Search

Pages

24 March, 2011

passed my exam!

Hahaha, yesterday was one nerve wrecking experience. Took an exam (MCQ) that lasted 4 hours. First time in my life, having to sit down on a chair answering questions for almost 4 hours! Amazing!

Even during uni days, I think most of the papers lasted like, 2.5 hours? Max. prob 3 hours. Yesterday's 4 hours is ultimate! The exam was scheduled to start at 1pm, so I went there earlier like 1230pm to register. Little did I expect to be ushered into the test center immediately after the registration. Hey, I haven't even pee yet!

So there I was, in the room with some other people, staring at the computer. The rest of the peeps were staring into their own screen. For this online test, there is this button called 'Mark' that can be clicked to indicate that this question need a revisit. So, after going through all the 200 questions, I had 'Mark'ed more than half of it! *Gasp!*

So with 1 hour remaining, I started to review from question #1 again. The main objective was to reduce the number of uncertainties in batches of 10. For example, question 1-10, from a total of say 5 'mark'ed questions (uncertain), went through it again and reduce to say 1 or 2. So pored through all the questions again, and made the necessary changes. At the last half hour, my bladder was complaining but had no choice but to preservere on! Still had 50 more questions to review during that last half hour!

With just 5 minutes of time left, I decided to click on the 'End Exam' button. The next 3 minutes or so, was quite torturous. That's because the result is to be made known upon submission.... I was staring at the blank screen and thought to myself, "Please please let me pass! I don't want to repeat the exam again! I want my money back!" Hahaa, because this course/test is under CITREP, so if pass on first attempt, then should be able to qualify for some reimbursement.

After seeing the blank page for that few minutes, when I thought the result was going to be displayed, I got a survey screen instead. Hahaa, had to fill up a survey on the exam taking experience for customer service and test center facilities feedback. Never mind. Done with that and clicked on 'End' button and finally, it showed "PASS". Phew....

WoohOOoo! Done.

0 comments: