Search

Pages

28 October, 2012

boutique

The doors looked intimidating. For one who normally looks at stuffs from supermarkets, Uniqlo, Metro.. the experience of walking into a higher end boutique, was.. well, quite nerve-racking.

Nerve-racking? Exaggerating much? Aren't all consumers the same? Well, probably its the packaging. If someone looked like a million dollars, the doors would've automatically open. If one looks like a hobo, then guessed those same doors would've remained tightly shut...

Hahaa. So there I stood, in my usual tee-shirt and jeans. Peering outside the black door, with an uncle watching it. Walked right up to it, and made eye contact. The uncle opened the door slightly (enough for him to peer out but not enough for anyone else to enter) and with a look that says, "Ok, stop right there. What do you want".

So, I state my cause and throws in a couple of keyword with regards to the merchandise, and voila, the uncle deemed it valid, and opens the door. Whew. Then, the door man (or bouncer?) beckoned a younger chap to attend to this 'customer'.

So, tried to ask some general questions and the young chap was nicely patient enough to explain things. Was quite obvious that I know nuts about this brand, but yet, he was kind enough to provide some information. There were just two large jersey bags on display but the rest were at the lower level. (I was thinking, wow.. like a secret chamber somewhere for exclusitivity?). He was wearing a glove when handling the display bag, so I just had to ask, "Can I touch the bag?" Can see one of his eyebrow raised in question. Maybe no one asks? I don't know. So very gingerly, I touched the bag. Probably leather would feel nicer.

All in all, it was a nice informative trip. Maybe I should work on my exit. It does seem kind of hurried.



0 comments: