Search

Pages

06 February, 2010

and i thought i was smart...

You know... My phone bill for the Japan trip was about $100, and my normal usage is around $50 per month.. hence, the extra $50 is for the 7 days in Japan. Did I make any call? Only like 2-3 calls and that's like less than 3 mins talk time in total. Did I send any sms'es.. yes, and that made up the bulk of the bill, and of course $10 for roaming subscription...

Each sms sent is SGD$0.60... actually this looks like the flat rate no matter what country you're in. Imagine... so I must've sent around 20-30 sms'es to chalk up the bill and the best part is... Gina didn't receive like 10 of those sms'es... $6 down the drain for nothing... faints!

Actually, if I had done my homework... there's a cheaper way to roam... which is to use M1's smartroam.... *sob*


To call SG numbers when overseas:


To call international number when overseas:


To use smart roam SMS:


Then apparently must key in and send your message within 40 secs! Wah.. gan cheong siah..

Hmmm.... apparently SMS smart roam is only applicable when you're overseas and wanna send to SG number.. Hmmm.. ok lor.. like when you wanna sms your tour mate who went missing or something while shopping...

So many things to remember right? Don't wanna remember, then be prepared to pay more :P

0 comments: