Search

Pages

07 August, 2012

today

Today, at some point in time during the bus ride home, a young chap sat beside me. Didn't notice him at first because I was on my ipod. Then began to notice him when he started to get sleepy because he'd jerk his head abruptly at times. It was kind of funny 'coz he was trying his darndest to sit upright but can see that he wanted to sleep. I tried to plaster myself as much as possible towards the right side (he was sitting on my left) so that he gets enough space to manouvre. He was quite ok since he left a small gap in between of us but our positions were uncomfortable for both of us, I reckoned.

Strange thing was, the seat in front of us was empty after a while but he didn't make any attempt to move over. Actually contemplated whether to ask him to shift over there but thought it could come across as quite rude, ya? Or maybe he thought if he moved away, then it might seem to offend me? Hahaha, I don't know the answer to that.

So we remained where we were for about 15 minutes till the bus reached the interchange. He was nodding on and off, left and right, with a hand holding onto the pole so that he doesn't fall off the seat, while I remained as small as possible. Kind of funny come to think of it.


On another note, watched the Olympics women's volleyball quarterfinal game tonight. Japan versus China. Quite good both sides, with Chinese team having really tall and fierce looking girls while Japan's team were at least one head shorter than their Chinese counterparts. They were quite equally matched because their scores were very near. In the end, Japan won. Good game!


0 comments: