Search

Pages

14 January, 2007

is there life without tv?

For as long as I can remember, television has always been a part of my life. Almost every waking moment was spent in front of the television. Every meal time was always in front of the tv. My mom used to say that my eyes were glued to the tv set. Luckily it never dawned on her to ban television from my life ('coz my grades were still considered ok I guess!), or else how miserable would my childhood be? Haha!

And that was way back then when there were no such thing as internet nor computer. I am a small town kid and doesn't own any computer till I was in my twenties. But that was way back then...

So recently, the tv in my rented place decided to go on strike. Oh, it did gave us some warnings. When we switched it on, it'll give some hissing sound but as usual, none of us gave any second thoughts on that. Till one fine day, it not only produced the usual hissing sound but accompanied but some popping sound as well and the screen will flicker. It does sound like it was going to explode, so we did not dare to turn it on since then. So the tv went into semi-retirement mode till someone get the electrician to come and fix it.

Meanwhile, I've decided to sign on to mobtv for SGD$10.90 per month to catch the current 9pm show on Channel 8 called 'The Peak'. Heh heh, ok.. I admit I like to watch Dawn Yeoh (think its spelt this way.. not sure) since her debut in 'Shining Stars' (but think she acted better in her debut show!). Anyway, another reason is because its story revolved around a shipyard and it brings back certain memories as well. 'Coz last time I had my industrial attachment with Keppel FELS and although I didn't get a chance to wear that shipyard overalls ('coz only engineering attachees got to wear those last time, and I was with the IT dept). And no I didn't get to cycle around the shipyard too 'coz my work doesn't require me to go so many places but yes, there was one time we manage to get near to the ship and it was a totally awesome experience! Come to think of it, standing anywhere near a mammoth object will evoke certain kind of emotions from any living person, I suppose!

2 comments:

Anonymous

arlo ailing.. hee. no tv liao ar.. next time go buy a portable tv lor for spare use :p btw hor the channel New Asia din show picture de :( cant see the "UFO" :p

see ya tml. Wan An

purple taste

the pics that were shown on newspapers... did not quite reflect the images of what was seen that day :)