Search

Pages

08 November, 2008

chinatown

i was in town... chinatown area on the way to my favourite pasttime... karaoke. So i brought out my trusted old phone with 1.2M camera... it works well in bright daylight as evidently shown from the pictures below ;)


pagoda


rows of trishaws


trying to be arty farty

KTV was fine.. although the distribution of people who had airtime were uneven. Had dinner at the people's park market (i think so la.. neh.. the one that's near the pagoda.. i think...my sense of direction not good one). Anyway, ended up eating crispy noodles (生面). Errr.. it tasted like mamee coz very the crispy.. but hor.. not enough sauce and 料。Quite stingy with the ingredients and small plate for the $4 price tag.

Then hor, went to eat dessert. And it was such a disaster... Was supposedly Taiwan dessert but with the usual ching teng, red ruby ice kachang etc. So out of curiosity, I ordered a Taiwan ching teng. The aunty who served me looked sickly.. and as if that's not enough, the ching teng ingredients were already set in a bowl! Walao.. no standard siah! Don't know how long that stuff has been sitting around also and whether it was visited by any other things like lizards or cockroach or wat nots! Eee... Anyway, still never mind.. she went to put in the 'teng' in ching teng from a tiny plastic container. Usually other places they will have cooked the 'teng' in a pot.. here.. I don't know and don't think I wanna know!

Then hor, must put ice shavings right 'coz I ordered cold one. So she proceeded to put ice lor but lo and behold, I spied her fingers inside the bowl wor.. boo hoo! I really considered not eating that dessert there and then! Then hor, another aunty came along and I saw at the top of the stall a picture of her looking radiant and resplendent alongside an unknown (becoz i dun recognize) celebrity (I guess it is la... else take picture and paste there zhor simi?) Then I looked at her.. and looked at the picture again. Now her face had a terrible outbreak of acne.. almost pock marked like.. with the scars still reddish... I was like.. errrr... has she been eating too much dessert or wat? The she proceeded to put agar agar ontop of the iced cheng teng... and I was like, huh? Since when cheng teng comes with agar agar slices?

Anyway, decided not to waste the dessert and ate it. I found a humongous red date inside my cheng teng and the red date is hard! Who puts a raw uncooked red date inside cheng teng ones??? Walao! Not only that, it had some unidentified objects that tasted like sugar bits (hard n chewy?), got raw 枸杞子(?), got black pearl like those in bubble tea (??) and then after a while, I gave up... it just tasted.. too weird for my liking...

Best part was, my friends also bought dessert from the same stall. Got ice kachang and red ruby. The ice kachang one comes with... a long strand of hair! *yucks*


die die DUN eat!

0 comments: