Search

Pages

19 November, 2008

tampines mall



Christmas came early at Tampines Mall. Actually, I'm sure a lot of places already have the deco up la. As you can see the tree is less than 3 storeys high. It was real crowded on Saturday last week.

Was hungry so went in search for food. Mcdonalds was like packed to the brim! Then upstairs have food but all near $10 range.

So went downstairs, but most are like kiosk except for Crystal Jade but my friend didn't want to because she's been having good food since her sister came for a visit. So, decided to settle on one selling Indonesian food (because their stall got some seats one... that's why la.. if not you think I'd bother meh...)

Anyway, ordered a Nasi Bali (never hear before right? Neither have I... -_-'') Anyway, the picture up there at their signboard looked pretty decent but lo and behold, I was surprised when I saw the real thing. So disappointed!


miserable portion... and missing a begedel(Malay potato croquette)... and look at those egg threads.. tsk tsk.. pathetic!


The lady boss placed the plate on the tray and just looked at me. I looked at her... then I looked at the plate of rice and looked back at her. I exclaimed, "This is it?? Like this only?!" She never say anything also to my bewilderment. Then my friend nudged me and whispered, still got chicken la.. Then the boss muttered something like wait... still preparing. Faints.. for a moment, I really thought my $5.50 is just a plate of rice with miserable vegetables sides...

Then after waiting for another 3-5 minutes, the chicken appeared in a bowl similar to ayam penyet. Cheh... just cut up those pre-fried chicken and douse some sauce only also need to take so long ah?


dun be fooled by the chicken.. it looked better than it taste...

Food verdict: While the rice and its accompanying sides like the long bean (crunchy!) and crackers (belinjau crackers.. so crispy and bitterish!) are ok, the chicken itself is cold and slightly dry and not much taste except for the sauce. So the $5.50 could be more well spent elsewhere...

0 comments: