Search

Pages

10 May, 2010

mourning for fifty dollars

Dear fifty,

You were gone in a jiff.. we didn't even have the chance to meet...
If I knew, I wouldn't have withdrawn you... rousing you from your deep sleep...
If I had spent you, then I wouldn't need to grief...
But precisely it's because you were lost, without an exchange of neither goods nor service..
That it made me feel a little pissed!

But alas, the bank called and said...
They did a tally, and there's no mistake...
There's nary an extra 50 in their ATM, or so they state..
But what if, someone else got that extra 50 that belonged to me by mistake..
Oh... but there's no evidence to back up my stake!

And so, I must accept my fate...
That a fifty was lost through the machine's mistake...
So a lesson is learnt, through this event's wake...
Never withdraw large sums on weekends from the machines, otherwise I can only wish you... errr... good luck mate!

0 comments: