Search

Pages

16 May, 2010

birthday eats day 2 - food for thought

It's dinner meet up with YT, and since it's coincidentally 1 day after my birthday, so naturally, I asked him to treat! Muahahaha! The venue of choice is 'Food For Thought' @ Queen Street because haven't explore that area before. So took the MRT to Dhoby Ghaut and transfer via Circle Line to Bras Basah MRT. Do not try by the Bishan way as it will go one big round! Queen Street is at Exit A of Bras Basah MRT.

As the restaurant is located near SAM (Singapore Arts Museum), I would expect lots of interesting stuffs to see, but I only saw this...


the man seem to be pondering... is the grass really greener at the other side? Hahaa, no la.. in actual fact, he was seen photographing this installation earlier, and just happened to walk into my frame...


The bunny seem to be popular as there was a steady stream of people who came to take pictures of it!





outside the restaurant


I suppose reservations are recommended, 'coz when we went there, the sign says "Closed". The place was not full, but the tables are reserved. We were shown our tables fairly quickly.



interesting glass lights


counter seats


drinks counter


kitchen and side wall


bench seats


on the table


can you see me?


The menu is not extensive and there were probably just around 6 mains. There were sections which can be ordered up to a certain time, say 5pm (can't remember exact time but it should be around 5 or 530pm). And then, there are sections which are available up to 9pm.

YT ordered the 'really good steak with blue cheese butter' ('coz someone in HGW recommended this). While I opted for the beef salad 'coz it has the 'chefs recommendation' icon next to it. Haha!



really good steak?


He ordered medium doneness.. but it came out as medium rare.


this looks like medium rare, right?


As for me, I had better luck. The beef salad was rather likeable! It has ingredients such as spring onions, some greens, caramelised onions, pumpkins and beef with balsamic vinegar dressing. The beef was tender and enjoyable.


beef salad





slices of tender beef





thanks YT for the dinner!



After that, we went to Raffles City to have coffee, and my turn to treat. So along the way, here are the sights...




this one looks like special effects!




Then, when I reached home, my brother say he bought cakes for me.


cake #1, tiramisu something ('coz my brother cannot remember what's their names already...)




cake #2


cake #3


ate the raspberry cake already.. haha!

0 comments: